Our Skills and Capacity Development Programme is built from the LIDP and it addresses livelihoods in a broad sense. We provide access to research findings across all programmes for student interns at various levels of their academic and career development to participate in Ruzivo’s research activities.
This programme addresses livelihoods in a broad sense. Objectives of the programme include:
- Equipping farmers with skills to gather adequate information essential for engaging in livelihoods and agricultural production.
- Interacting with communities to identify and address knowledge gaps and linking farmers with private and public institutions, and organisations in the value chain.
- We address skills and training needs as identified by its partners.
- We use clientele-driven training with mobilizing of external exports where necessary.
- We use conventional and adult learning approaches, underpinned by practical exercises.
To date, projects that have been implemented by Ruzivo under the Skills and Capacity Development programme include:
- Farming as a business, where Ruzivo Trust facilitated a soybean project
- Women empowerment in Fresh Fruit and Vegetables, which provides training and field demonstrations that draw the interest of interested smallholder farmers
- Career Mentorship Programme